Apprentice - Mechanical Workshop
Job title: Apprentice - Mechanical Workshop
Report to: Maintenance Manager
· You will be required to work supervised and unsupervised to be able to undertake a wide range of Mechanical Maintenance, both planned & unplanned, as well as scheduled servicing on a wide range of equipment. This will include powered & non powered hand tools & other gardening plant & equipment, ride on mowers.
· Understanding & practical application of diagnostic & fault-finding techniques.
· Development of practical skills to service & repair equipment in a Hands-on environment.
This will include :
· Service, maintain and adjust components on plant and equipment
· Diagnose and rectify faults in plant and equipment
· Manufacture materials to repair components
· Use manufacturers technical drawings & wiring diagrams
· Managing the use of resources for equipment maintenance and repair activities
· Dismantle and assemble components
· Inspect plant and equipment
· Providing technical information & advice to equipment users
· Co-ordinate plant maintenance activities
· Confirm work meets quality standards
· Clear understanding & application of health, safety and welfare
· Removing & replacing components
· Repair and overhaul plant equipment
· Motor vehicle fleet checks & light maintenance e.g. bulb checking & replacement, check & top up of fluids.
· Plant maintenance workshop practice.
· Developing your speed of work required to complete tasks within required timescales , working as part of a team to ensure plant & equipment is operational & ready for use when needed.
· Working with the Maintenance Manager & equipment users to ensure a clear understanding of requirements & timescales.
· Understanding & ensuring adherence to equipment inspection processes - fault/damage reporting, .
· Any other tasks as necessary to support the work of the company and raise the profile of Bennett Landscapes.
· Undertake an Individual Learning Plan as agreed with the Training Manager.
· Work with line manager (Maintenance Manager) & Training Manager to develop on-the-job training , to develop skills & knowledge .
· Attend necessary workshops / College to undertake off-the job training in support of achieving the apprenticeship portfolio.
· Spend minimum 20% of time in off-the job training
· Undertake regular reviews with line management (Maintenance Manager) & Training Manager to review progress and undertake any agreed action plans in support of the Individual Learning Plan.
Key skills and attributes:
· A keen interest in mechanics, mechanical repair & servicing.
· A willingness to learn & develop skills
· Proactive attitude & be a natural problem solver