Apprentice - Hard Landscaping
Job title: Apprentice - Hard Landscaping
Report to: Hard Landscaping Team Leader
- You will be required to work supervised and unsupervised on specific projects and/or properties providing gardening techniques such as:
The duties will include: -
- Block Paving
- Erecting mortared and dry stone/brick walls ,rendering and retaining structures
- Kerb Laying
- Paths, concrete surfaces
- Loading / unloading vehicles
- Assisting with general hard landscaping tasks
- Laying of natural stone paving
- Erection of fencing and Decking
- Laying of artificial grass and natural turf
Experience of operating mini diggers and other plant machinery would also be beneficial.
- Prior experience will be essential in all the areas listed above
- Developing the projects and/or properties you will be working on by proactively seeking ways to enhance their appearance.
- Developing your speed of work required to complete onsite tasks within the allocated time frames , to involve developing their own gardening techniques and horticultural skills.
- Ensuring that all day to day operations of the business run smoothly. This includes:
- Cleaning all tools used at the end of each day
- Cleaning the van on a weekly basis
- Take part in company communications
- Any other tasks as necessary to support the work of the company and raise the profile of Bennett Landscapes.
- Undertake an Individual Learning Plan with the training , as agreed with the Training Manager.
- Work Hard Landscaping Team Leader & Training Manager to develop on-the-job training , to develop skills & knowledge .
- Attend necessary workshops / College to undertake off-the job training in support of achieving the apprenticeship portfolio.
- Spend minimum 20% of time in off-the job training
- Undertake regular reviews with Team Leader & Training Manager to review progress and undertake any agreed action plans in support of the Individual Learning Plan.
Key skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in hard Landscaping
- A willingness to learn & develop skills
- Proactive attitude & be a natural problem solver